Students at this school are making more academic progress given where they were last year, compared to similar students in the state.
This school is above the state average in key measures of college and career readiness.
Even at schools with strong college and career readiness, there may be students who are not getting the opportunities they need to succeed.
GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their children. We provide school information and parenting resources to help millions of American families choose the right school, support learning at home, and guide their children to great futures.
Support GreatSchools in this effort! Donate Now!
© GreatSchools.org All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a (c)(3) not-for-profit organization
Lakewood High School
Lakewood High School (Colorado)
Public secondary school in Lakewood, Colorado, United States
Lakewood High School is a public primary school located in Lakewood, Colorado, United States. It is part of Jefferson County Public Schools. Lakewood was ranked as the 11th best school in the nation by Newsweek in , and as the 10th in
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October )
Lakewood High School was established in at W 10th Avenue in Lakewood, with elementary and junior high schools on the same campus. The high school moved to its current location at W. 8th Avenue in summer , and the previous site became the location of the Jefferson County Open School in 
As a result of a bond issue on the ballot, Lakewood received over $35million to construct a new school building. Construction began in January and continued until summer , when the new building had its official opening. It opened for classes at the beginning of the school year, with students sometimes assisting teachers in moving in.
Beginning in , Lakewood High School upperclassmen participated in a student-organized tag-based game, called "The Spoon Game," in which students attempt to eliminate each other by tagging them with a spoon. Each entrant in the Spoon Game pays a fee, which is then distributed to the Junior and Senior winner at the end of the year, along with a charitable donation. The game begins early in the second semester of each year with simple rules. A player is vulnerable if they are not holding a spoon, and may be eliminated by the player with their target card. As the end of the school year nears, the game's rules become more complex, increasing eliminations until only one player remains. Since its inception, the Spoon Game has been played every year except , when the game was cancelled due to the COVID pandemic.
Good Morning America appearance
After entering a competition held by the tv show Good Morning America in fall , Lakewood High School won a live concert put on at the high school on October 25, The high school made a lip-dub video to pop star Katy Perry's song "Roar" from the album Prism. The video the high school submitted for the competition gained 2million views on Vimeo and another , on YouTube in the first day it was posted. In a selection announced live on the show on October 13, , Perry chose the video from over 1, entries from high schools in 44 states. The concert took place in the high school's gymnasium and was not open to the public.
Lakewood has both honors and Advanced Placement programs. It is also an International Baccalaureate World School, and offers the IB Prep and IB Diploma program, starting when students begin high school.
Lakewood High is ranked by magazine as one of the top high schools in the metro area.
Lakewood High School has a symphonic band, a wind ensemble, and a percussion ensemble in its concert band program. Lakewood also has a string orchestra program with a concert orchestra, a symphonic orchestra and a chamber orchestra. Lakewood High School's marching band is called the Bengal Regiment. It is the school's largest instrumental ensemble.
Lakewood High School has five choral music ensembles: a men's choir; a women's choir; Kaleidoscope, an elite women's choir; Eclipse, an advanced men’s and women’s mixed choir; and Encore, an a capella ensemble.
The softball team won two consecutive 4A Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) state championships, in and 
The boys' football team was runner up in 
The boys' golf team tied for second place in the state tournament in  Lakewood is a CHSAA Class 5A school.
- ^"Lakewood High School Profile". Retrieved October 21,
- ^ abc"LAKEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 5,
- ^The 1, Top U.S. Schools - Newsweek America's Best High Schools - MSNBC.comArchived at the Wayback Machine
- ^"History". jcos.jeffcopublicschools.org. Retrieved
- ^"https://twitter.com/lhs_spectator/status/". Twitter. Retrieved
- ^ abLauren Sher (October 18, ). "Katy Perry Picks Lakewood High School's Lip-Dub 'Roar' Video as Contest Winner". ABC News.
- ^Kevin Simpson (October 18, ). "Lakewood High School roars — and more — to win Katy Perry concert". The Denver Post.
- ^ abMatt Miller (October 25, ). "Katy Perry at Lakewood High School: Students, faculty get private concert". The Denver Post.
- ^"JEFFCO Public Schools - Lakewood High". Archived from the original on September 27, Retrieved October 22,
- ^"Bands". lpac.info. Retrieved 20 January
- ^"Orchestras". lpac.info. Retrieved 20 January
- ^"Choral Music at LHS". lhschoral.net. Archived from the original on 20 December Retrieved 20 January
- ^"Archived copy"(PDF). Archived from the original(PDF) on Retrieved CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^Neil H. Devlin (December 3, ). "McDondle brothers power Columbine to 5A title win over Lakewood". The Denver Post.
- ^"Final results from the 5A boys golf state tournament". Colorado High School Activities Association. September 30,
- ^Amy K. Nelson (October 30, ). "McGregor remembered as kind, driven". ESPN.
- ^Danika Worthington (February 10, ). "WWII soldier celebrated in 'Band of Brothers'". The Denver Post (obituary).
- ^Nobel Media AB. (October 5, ). "The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel ". NobelPrize.org.
Review Lakewood High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
High denver lakewood school
She, almost a head, was shorter than me, her hair was short, like a boy. And huge blue eyes. We agreed to continue our acquaintance after lessons. Olenka says. - Come to my house, my mother is at work, and my father is on a business trip.1998 Lakewood High School Video Yearbook
I ordered, and Masha obediently began to lick the seat. Looking at her round buttocks, slender legs and a pussy shiny in secretions, I did not restrain myself and began to fuck her from behind. Already getting ready to finish, I saw that long bus in the distance.
- Google workspace updates
- Ford power steering adapter
- Wh 1000xm3
- Journey church avon online
- 2017 chevrolet ss msrp
- Messy boy haircuts
- Banner design minecraft
- Valorant nvidia reflex
- Sportster trike body kit
- Cummins code spn 4364 fmi 31
- Ford 4000 fuel filter
I wanted to cry, which I immediately did, curled up in a ball. -You really scared me. Why didn't you say you were still a virgin.