as a professor, i see a lot of student writing, some good, some not so good. and im one of those people who think that a professors job includes teaching writing, regardless of the discipline one belongs to. so here is my first foray into advice on writing.
in the last couple of years, i have noticed that many students use similar incorrectly. i often see sentences structured like the following:
similar to protein a, protein b binds to protein c.
so whats the problem? to understand that, we have to ask what similar to protein a modifies. what the writer is trying to say is that protein b behaves like protein a in that both bind to protein c. its the entire action of protein b modifying protein c that is similar to the action of protein a. therefore, similar to protein a is modifying the entire principal clause. however, similar is an adjective, so it should modify a noun. similar therefore cant be right.
a modifier of a clause can only be an adverb, so a correct version of the above sentence would be
similarly to protein a, protein b binds to protein c.
similarly (note the -ly ending) is an adverb, so it can modify an entire clause. problem solved .
of course, this isnt the only solution. its always good to have more than one way to say something so you can vary the style of your text a little bit. sometimes, the simplest way to say something is the best, so one alternative is to replace the adverb by a common preposition:
like protein a, protein b binds to protein c.
- American Fighter Maryland Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Affliction
- Leather Supreme Mens Daytona Bike Week Motorcycle Denim Biker Shirt
- SLT Tall Basin Mixer Tap for Bathroom Lavatory Vanity Vessel Sink Tap, Solid Brass, Chrome Handle, Bathroom Mixer Tap, Single Handle Bathroom Sink Faucet,
- Ochoos HHO Professional GH Quick Toggle Clamp Clip Holding Metal Latch Hand Tool
- American Shifter Black Retro Shift Knob with M16 x Insert (Red NO Symbol)
- ANIZER Over Door Hanging Closet Underwear Sock Storage Cell Phone Jewelry Organizer Clear Pockets (Green, 36 Pockets)
- Headlight Control Module, Automobile Headlight Ballast Adaptive Drive Control Unit Module for E46 E90 E60 E65 Infinite
- Cardone Service Plus 1R New Master Cylinder Reservoir
- All Sport mens Performance Three-Button Mesh Polo(M)-WHITE-3XL
- Toddler Little Boy Japan Japanese - Soccer Hoodie Sweatshirt (5/6, RED)
- Girls Dress Shoes Lucita Jan-2Km Rhinestone Heel Platform Dress Sandals Silver
- [ Compatible with AirPods 2 and 1 ] Shockproof Soft TPU Gel Case Cover with Keychain Carabiner for Apple AirPods (Mexican Rug)
- MCR Safety XXL NitriShield Nitrile Industrial Grade Powder Free Disposable Gloves with Straight Cuff, Blue, 2X-Large, 8-Mil, 1-Pair
- AF C/4 Male JIC (7/ Threads) X 3/4 Male Pipe ( Threads)
- Necklace-Script Initial Necklace or Pendant
- Danni Kids Learn Toys Montessori Wood Red Long Sticks (cm) Math Number Rods Education Early Learning Block Children Math Educational Aids
- Chalk and Chuckles CC Sort In The Box
- M&S&W Mens Fashion Essential Spread Collar Contrast Stitching Denim Work Shirts
- ATMEL ATTINYSU MCU, 8BIT, AVR TINY, 16MHZ, SOIC (1 piece)
- UMBUM Innovative 3D-Puzzles - Belfry of ST. Sophia Cathedral, Novgorod, Russia Clever Paper () 25 pcs
- 18K White Gold 1mm Solid Cable Chain Necklace 16inch
- HQRP MDI MMI/USB Cable Adapter for VW Volkswagen e-Golf/Golf MK7 / GTI MK7 / Touareg (My 15 -) , Audio MP3 Music Interface Adapter + HQRP Coaster
- VANMASS Mens Giraffe Colorful Long Sleeve Pullover Hoodie Sweatshirts
- Beverly Hills Polo Club Boys Boxer Briefs (Pack of 6)
- Clearway Door, High Wind Strip Doors- 14 Ft Wide, Hwsd, W X H: 14 X 13, Option A: Without Orange Strip, QmHd-Wh
- mjunit MJ50 xy axis with xmm Stroke Length Linear Actuator Linear Guide Rail Linear Motion Flat
- IKO Linear Bushing (LME)
- 10k White Gold White Diamond cttw Mens MM Ring
the truth is, though, that neither of the above sentences probably says what the student who wrote it wanted to say. all these sentences really say in the end is that both a and b bind c. however, these constructions often show up in text where a student is actually trying to say that the two proteins bind c in a similar way (using similar contact surfaces, etc.). why not just say that?
protein b also binds protein c. b and c make similar contacts as a and c in the respective complexes.
note that i turned one sentence into two. my meaning is now completely clear and unambiguous. this is another lesson: unless youre strictly space limited for some reason, sometimes its better to use a couple of sentences and a few extra words in order to make your meaning completely clear. similarity, for example, is a slippery complex. saying that two things are similar really doesnt tell us much unless we say in which ways they are similar. similar comments apply to many other constructions. when writing, ask yourself what you want to say, and then make sure that the words you use convey your meaning without ambiguity.
CHEVROLET CAMARO LT1 & SS
Camaro was introduced in and was selected as the official Indianapolis pace car that year.
$34, – LT1 coupe (incl. DFC)1
$37, – SS coupe (incl. DFC)1
$40, – LT1 convertible (incl. DFC)1
$43, – SS convertible (incl. DFC)1
EPA VEHICLE CLASS
Coupe or Convertible
- LT1 coupe and convertible, which combines the content and design of the Camaro LT and SS, with the LT1 L V-8 engine
- Revised SS front-end styling, inspired by the Camaro Shock show vehicle. Styling updates include repositioned Bowtie emblem in the upper grille and body-color bar between the upper and lower grilles
- Exterior color: Rally Green
- New inch forged polished aluminum wheel design available (with summer-only tires2)
- Red- or orange-painted brake caliper colors available
- Red seat belts available
- Red interior trim kit available
- Sueded microfiber-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob trim available
- Alloy sport pedals available
- Camaro fender badges available on SS
- Offered in LT1, 1SS and 2SS trims – in coupe and convertible models
- L LT1 direct-injected Small Block V-8 rated at hp ( kW) and lb-ft of torque ( Nm)
- Standard six-speed manual transmission or available speed automatic transmission
- Standard limited-slip differential
- 1LE Performance Package is available on SS coupe, offering more than 1g cornering capability. See below for content details
- Magnetic Ride Control active suspension is available on SS (incl. on 1LE)
- Driver Mode Selector enables the driver to tailor the look, sound and feel of the vehicles to his or her preferences and driving conditions
- Standard Brembo front brake system on LT1; SS features standard Brembo front and rear brakes
- Standard LED daytime running lamps
- Adrenaline Red and Ceramic White interior trim packages are available on 2SS
- Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on 2SS
- Keyless Open and Start is standard
- Remote vehicle starter (included with automatic transmission)
- Driver information center with enhanced 8-inch-diagonal multi-color and configurable display is standard on SS
- Interior spectrum lighting with 24 color choices is standard on 2SS
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel is standard
- Heated steering wheel is standard on 2SS
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat and six-way power-adjustable front passenger seat are standard
- Heated and ventilated leather-appointed seats are standard on 2SS
- RECARO performance front seats are available on LT1 and SS
SS 1LE DETAILS
- Brembo six-piston monobloc brake calipers
- Four-piston rear calipers
- Two-piece brake rotors
- Electronic limited-slip differential
- Dual-mode exhaust
- Magnetic Ride Control
- FE4 performance suspension
- Satin Black front splitter and rear blade spoiler
- Satin Black hood wrap
- 20 x inch front and 20 x inch rear aluminum wheels in Satin Graphite
- /30R20 front and /30R20 rear summer-only performance tires2
- Head-up display
- Sueded, flat-bottom steering wheels
- Sueded shift knob
- Offered only with six-speed manual transmission
- Available Performance Data Recorder
INFOTAINMENT & CONNECTIVITY
- Chevrolet infotainment system3 with 7-inch-diagonal color touchscreen is standard on LT1
- Chevrolet infotainment system3 with 8-inch-diagonal high-definition color touchscreen and is standard on SS and available on LT1
- Chevrolet infotainment system2 with 8-inch-diagonal high-definition color touchscreen and connected Navigation4 is available on 2SS
- Bose six-speaker audio system is standard on LT1 and 1SS; Bose premium nine-speaker system is standard on 2SS and available on LT1 (premium system includes seven speakers on convertible models)
- Built-in Wi-Fi® Hotspot with available 4G LTE data (3GB or 1-month data trial)5
- Apple CarPlay6 and Android Auto7 phone projection capability
- Two USB charge ports with auxiliary jack input8
- Teen Driver is standard; allows parents to set controls and review their teen’s driving habits
- Chevrolet Connected Access9 with 10 years of standard connectivity is standard
- Standard airbags9 include frontal, seat-mounted side-impact and knee airbags for the driver and front passenger. Coupe models also include head curtain airbags for all outboard seating positions. Includes Passenger Sensing System
- Head-Up Display11, Forward Collision Alert11 (coupe only), Rear Park Assist11, Rear Cross Traffic Alert11 and Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert11 are standard on 2SS (Forward Collision Alert deleted with 1LE)
- Standard HD Rear Vision Camera11 (not HD view on LT1 with standard radio)
- Tire Fill Alert
1MSRP excludes tax, title, license and dealer fees. Optional equipment is extra.
2Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations my change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, go to: my.chevrolet.com/learn/tires/ or see your dealer.
3Chevrolet Infotainment System functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
4Map coverage available in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
5Service varies with conditions and location. Requires active service plan and paid AT&T data plan. See onstar.com for details and limitations. Properly equipped vehicles receive 1 month or 3GB of 4G LTE data (whichever comes first). Availability subject to change.
6Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible iPhone and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Siri, iPhone and iTunes are trademarks for Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
7Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android compatible smartphone running Android™ Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
8Not compatible with all devices.
9Limitations apply. Not transferable. Standard connectivity available to original purchaser for 10 years from the date of initial vehicle purchase for model year or newer Chevrolet vehicles. See onstar.com for details and further plan limitations. Connected Access does not include emergency or security services. Availability and additional services enable by Connected Access are subject to change.
10Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See your vehicle Owner’s Manual for more information.
11Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle's owner's manual for more important feature limitations and information.
- Jubilee tractors for sale
- Leo capricorn friendship
- Simply speakers phone number
- Islamic dreams interpretation dictionary
- Harley breakout batwing fairing
Be Smart, Check in Advance. CARFAX — Your Vehicle History.
CARFAX — Your Vehicle History Expert
Sometimes what you don't know can't hurt you, but that's not the case when buying a used car. As an independent vehicle history provider, at CARFAX we've made it our mission to tell you everything you need to know by uncovering as many events as possible from the previous life of a used car. Our primary goal is to help you get to know your next car from the inside out before deciding to make an investment that will be part of you and your family's everyday life. We believe your next car shouldn't be hiding anything from you.
CARFAX Vehicle History Reports contain over 28 billion historical records from 20 European countries, the US and Canada, which are updated daily with new information.
Even if you live in a country we don't collect vehicle data from, it's still always worth checking the Vehicle Identification Number without obligation. The used car import and export market is booming and many owners would be surprised to find out exactly what happened to their vehicle during its previous life abroad.
Privacy for Customers — Transparency over Vehicles
Let's be clear: Although we strive to find every detail of a vehicle's life so far, we are focused only on the vehicle's history, and do not collect any information on previous owners. The information we provide relates solely to the vehicle, its odometer reading, any accidents that have been covered up, where the vehicle comes from and much more — it never gets personal. We've uncovered irreparable damage several times in the past, but other times our vehicle history checks draw a blank — and sometimes that's actually a good thing.
Second Hand — Not Second Best
Did you know that considerably more used cars are sold than new cars? We think this second-hand system is nothing short of fantastic. However, it goes without saying that it gives rise to different methods and tactics: Some sellers will disguise a car that's been in an accident under a fresh coat of paint, tamper with the odometer or conceal theft. This is one of the less appealing aspects of buying second hand. Our goal is to establish trusting relationships between buyers and sellers, since this is the best way to help customers make the right decision. Your new car should be reliable and make you feel safe, as well as make you feel like you haven't paid too much.
But more than anything else, we don't want you or your family unknowingly sitting behind the wheel of a vehicle that isn't % safe. This is why we strive to take these vehicles off the road, which not only makes the used car market safer but our streets safer too.
CARFAX — 35+ Years of Experience in Vehicle Histories
CARFAX was founded in the US in and expanded into Europe in Around team members spread across six European offices process vehicle information from 22 countries.
Fostering strategic partnerships with registration authorities, law enforcement agencies, government departments, insurance companies, inspection centers and numerous other leading companies around the world has enabled us to compile a unique international database for vehicle histories. We use this database to help make the used car market more transparent. We give everyone in the process of buying a used car access to what is currently the world's most comprehensive source for vehicle history reports, and is growing day by day.
We remain neutral and independent despite our partnerships — our sole purpose is help customers make an informed choice and ensure their safety and the safety of their family. This includes never collecting any personal details — we do not accept any PII from data sources amongst the information we provide about a vehicle. We ensure that data protection laws are observed at all times. Furthermore, we always collect our data in compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks — in all the countries in which we are active. We expressly distance ourselves from illegal activities such as data theft, scraping and hacking.
When wine was dispensed to the gatekeeper in honor of the holiday, Claverius pretended to be deeply drunk before the arrival of the maid who. Was supposed to bring him dinner, sprawled on the bed in the closet allotted to him, assuming such a position that his trousers seemed to slide out of their place in a dream.
The old maid was amazed at the picture that appeared - there was nothing where the male belongings should be. Almost the entire staff of educators, led by the headmistress, came to look at the pubis of the drunken gatekeeper, but no one guessed that the penis was. Pulled in and squeezed between Claverius's legs.
Ss white convertible camaro
As described earlier in the story, the Prostitute, mistress, lady, Victoria's mother looked one hundred percent. Beautiful, thin, slender. Therefore, when she and her daughter, and also my wife Vika, are tumbling in bed, I often confuse them in the dark. And only by the hair I determine who is who.1997 Chevrolet Chevy Camaro SS 30th Anniversary White Convertible - My Car Story with Lou Costabile
The girls were escorted to the embankment; there Alenka and Katya said goodbye to the guys and walked slowly along the edge of the beach. It was getting late and it was getting dark. - Alena, let's go up that stairs up there, and there we'll catch a taxi. Katya suggested.
- Machine embroidery applique fonts
- Ashley furniture value city
- X in bass tab
- My alaska unemployment
- Steel letters for gates
- Block letter embroidery font
- Bus 44 san diego
- Everstart jump starter wont charge
The wife's cheeks bulged. She took all the sperm in her mouth and did not swallow, but continued to milk everything out of me with her hand. And when it was over, Vika raised her eyes to me and smiled. She turned around, pulled Natasha to her and dug into her lips.